Sunday, June 30, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching, Hospital Sketches, Sweet Annie




It's time again for the Slow Sunday Stitching link-up at Kathy's Quilts.  This week, all I have done is slow stitching. 

This quarter on 2019 Finish-A-Along I did myself in again by having my list heavy on hand projects.  And also on One Monthly Goal.  I said I would get three of these Father Christmas blocks done, and I was able to get that done.by working all day and all evening on this one.  That little puppet thing was giving me a little trouble but I'm going to leave it the way it is.


Wednesday the new block for Hospital Sketches, the BOM by Barbara Brackman came out and I was able to get this done.  I love how it came out.  It is called Mountain Laurel.





The last project I am trying to finish up this month is another old, old UFO,probably from a class I had in 1997.  It came out of this primitive book.


This is their version.  It is called Sweet Annie.  In my box with this UFO were 2 pieced backgrounds, 2 Annie's, and that was it.  What I also loved about this project was the stenciled fabric border.  




This is my version.  I am still working on the embroidery on the crazy patched pieces.  As I am also a crazy quilter, it is hard doing my stitches primitive-like.  I sort of attached her to the background with sloppy blanket stitch, by I have been getting more regular as I go along.  




I knew I had a primitive sort of lace stencil somewhere but I could not find it.  I spent 2 days looking for it in my sewing room and craft room/office.  My craft room really needs a thorough cleaning.  I hate to admit, but I can't open the closet door because things have fallen.  I have a whole stack of stuff I plan to sell on Etsy, quilting books, stitchery books, and they have been sitting on the counter at least 7 months now. 

In searching I found this piece of paper lace, I thought maybe I could use this as a stencil but it just curls up when it gets wet.





All of a sudden last night I had a thought pop into my head that maybe my stencils were in the hall closet and I found it.  I knew I had it, because I had stenciled a cabinet with the upper part before.


So I should be able to stencil the border pieces of fabric and have them dry  while I am finishing the slow stitching on Annie.

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Pop on over and see what everyone is doing.  It is one of my favorite weekly activities!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Well done on reaching your monthly target! Those blocks are lovely, it's a nice pattern. And I've been in your position when I know I've got something in my stash but where the heck have I put it! So frustrating but I'm glad you eventually found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate it when you cant find what you are looking for? You know it's there, somewhere. Nice projects that you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your version of Sweet Annie better than the designer's. I have not seen a Kindred Spirits book in many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to have goals, and even better when they are checked off the list. I have had a recent plow through my crafts closet and boy, there is a lot of stuff in there I no longer need or want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice article.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another UFO is going to bit the dust, in a very lovely way! My sewing room would benefit from a thorough clean out as well! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is so pretty! I love how that puppet pops out of his bag! Such a pretty project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been busy! I love all of those projects. Father Christmas is wonderful. I think it is wonderful that you are going back and finishing Annie. I really like the stenciled border idea. I haven't seen that before.

    ReplyDelete