Sunday, June 09, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching, Sweet Land of Liberty


Time again for the Slow Sunday Stitching linky party at Kathy's Quilts.  I so much enjoy this weekly event, seeing what everyone has been doing.

The first part of the week  I finished up my pineapple block, the Civil War Quilts BOM by Barbara Brackman.  I think this is one of my favorite blocks so far.



I also was able to finish my section of blocks for the Blessings Quilt and attached it to what I had already done.   Can't really see the stitching very well




Right now I am working to get this month's Sweet Land of Liberty blocks, designed by Cheri Payne.  I am working on this as a quilt-a-Long over on Facebook with the Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group.  Lori from Humble Quilts is guiding us in this, as she did last year on her blog.    I've still got 2 more stars to add to my pineapple and need to applique my girl holding a flag, but haven't started that.





What I will also be working on this week, is to get 3 Father Christmas' prepped to applique.  I cut all the templates out last week, I just need to choose my fabric and iron my templates to the freezer paper and trace them.

Starting tomorrow I will have 3 grandchildren for the summer twice a week, so I guess I need to go pick up my stuff in the kitchen and put it back in my sewing room.  My sewing room is so dark and the kitchen so bright, that I like to sew in the kitchen better. But I guessat least until August, I need to change my habits, so they have a place to play board games and Play Doh.

I'll be linking up to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.   If you have a chance stop by and look at other's projects!


Thanks for stopping by

5 comments:

  1. So fun you get to spend time with the grands this summer! I'll bet they are so looking forward to it. I just love your pineapple block in the first photo! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely projects! the kids can play boardgames while you sew... how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have lovely stitching projects on the go. Your Pineapple block is looking great. How fun to have your grandchildren for a time over the Summer holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some lovely projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like any stye of pineapple quilt block designs.

    ReplyDelete