Sunday, June 02, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching


I've been doing a lot of slow stitching this week.  I've been working on this month's block for Hospital Sketches, Barbara Brackman's applique QAL.   I was able to get this far last night.  Should be able to finish it up tonight.  
  



I pulled out this UFO to finish up.  This was from the Blessings Quilt Series by Jennifer Lokey and Karen Roosien.   It came in 4 different books.  Each section could be a quilt in itself, or put all four together.  I was working on this with an on-line quilt group back in 1999.  This was as far as I got at the time. 








Right now I am working on the section that goes on the left side of this that incorporates these three pieces in with some pieced blocks.



I was having a difficult time yesterday with the black and white instructions I have getting the pieces right.  These are all stitched to the wrong fabric.  


I have the instructions for sections 3 and 4, so have ordered the book for section 2.



The other thing I finished this week was the nursery rhyme Yankee Doodle block which I am sending to my sister-in-law to complete.  She is a teacher, and school ends next week and maybe have more time to put the quilt together.  But I'm finished on my end.




I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.   I'm heading over there to see what everyone else has been up to this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment