Friday, July 12, 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long, Quarter 3 Goals



It's time to set goals for the 2019 Finish-A-Long for Quarter 3.   If you would like to join in the fun, there are multiple global hosts.  You can find the list here at Throw a Wrench in the Works, or link up there.

My Quarter 3 goals are as follows. I am still heavy on hand work I think, but I tried to add a bit more machine work goals.

1).   My first, and most immediate goal is to finish making my project and post for the 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop hosted by Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict, which starts this Sunday.  I started my project, and ran into difficulties.  I need to start again.  But I will have it ready for my day, which is July 24th.    I will have the line-up in the next day or so.  


2.  Blessings Quilt to Flimsy.  This is about 1/2 done right now, maybe less than half-done.  It involves embroidery and machine work.  



3)  Nutcracker Suite BOM  to flimsy.  I'm ready to get this together.  I have the last month's BOM stitching to do and this month's which which should arrive shortly.  This is just machine piecing.  I have all the nutcracker machine applique done.  




4)  Hospital Sketches Civil War BOM by Barbara Brackman @ Civil War Quilts.

My goal is to have July, August and September blocks done.  These are hand-applique and this was June's block.


5)  Sweet Land of Liberty.  July, August and September BOM done.  This is being hosted again this year by Lori of Humble Quilts.  She did it last year on her blog.  This year it is being held on the Quilts by Cheri Friendship group on Facebook group. This is part of what I have done so far.  


6)  Quilt the Great Pumpkin Quilt.   I have no clue how I am going to quilt this machine-appliqued quilt. I welcome suggestions. I don't generally quilt over fusibles, but these pumpkins are huge. 


7)  Quilt the frog quilt for my neighbor who is due to have her baby shortly


8)  Buhl-Bushong Quilt July, August, September.  I started this BOM through the Facebook Group which is from the Virginia Quilt Museum's collection of quilts.  This is from their picture.  I am about 1/2 through my first month's assignment.  

Buhl-Quilt.jpg

9)   Complete O My Stars penny mat.  I'm probably 1/3 of the way through stitching these wool pieces together.  The ones on the right I am finished with.  The left side still needs to be done.  


What it will look like when done.  



10)   Make my project for My Favorite Quilt Block Blog Hop, hosted by Carla at Creatin in the Sticks.   This will take place September 9-13th.  I haven't started yet, but have an idea.  



11)  Hand-applique 3 more Father Christmas blocks 



I thiink I'd better stop, or I will become overwhelmed!  I'm linking up at Throw a Wrench in the Works. 









4 comments:

  1. You're going to be very busy!!! But I am sure you can do it :) :) Now... should I join in...?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous quilts on your list! I look forward to seeing your progress and wish you the best on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karrin, that is a lot of beautiful quilting ahead. I look forward to seeing all your progress, as you lap me around and around the block. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I surfed around and saw you've already finished a few of your projects. Congratulations on your progress so far. The frog quilt is so fun and I look forward to seeing how you quilt the pumpkins. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete