Tuesday, July 02, 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long, Quarter 2 Results


It is time to report the results of the 2019 Finish A-Long for Quarter 2.

I originally stated my goals for quarter 2 here.


1)  6 Quilts for the Hands2Help hosted by Sarah @Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  I actually finished 7 quilts for the project and sent them off.  I blogged about them here




These were for Jack's Basket




These were for Quilty Hugs




These 3 were for Mercyful Quilts



2)  3 Nutcracker Blocks.     I actually finished 5 Nutcracker blocks.  I blogged about it here



3.  Flourishes Block #12, and assemble top.   I achieved this goal and blogged about it here.  


4.   Finish last 3 Redwork Nursery Rhyme blocks.  Goal Achieved and I blogged about it here.




5.  Sweet Land of Liberty BOM for April, May and June. Goal achieved and blogged about here, here, and here.


April



May


June



6.  . Complete 2 Father Christmas Blocks  Goal completed, I actually did 3, I blogged about it here

.



7.  .  All Things Bright and Beautiful to flimsy stage  This was actually the only goal I did not achieve.  I found I had lost part of the instructions and had to repurchase them.  This quilt came in 4 different books. each book had a different blessing in it and stitchery.  I had done the first section years ago.  I lost the second section.  I did do the third section this quarter, the blue and green blocks on the right.  This quilt is actually called the Blessings Quilt. I blogged about it here.  


8.  Hospital Sketches BOM, the Civil War Quilt BOM by Barbara BrackmanGoal was to finish April, May and June blocks.  They were blogged about here, and here.  I guess I forgot to blog about the pineapple one.  





9.  Get Sweet Annie to flimsy.   This goal was totally completed.   This was an old, old UFO from 1997 that I came across when reorganizing things at the beginning of the year.  I always loved this, primitive crazy quilt type wall hanging.  All that I had done was some really primitive stitching on the Annie block and the background was pieced already.  I am so happy I was able to find my stencil to do the stenciling on the border.  I just sprayed tea-dye on the stencil and it worked OK with a few minor oversprays.  Using the stencil paint acrylic type paint was not working too good.


So I got all of my list done, except 1.  So that is 90% finish rate.  The Father Christmases and Sweet Annie date back to 1997 at least.  The redwork blocks date back probably to 2000 or so.  

3 comments:

  1. Great progress! Your Flourishes top is so pretty. My SLOL blocks are languishing but I hope to get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a wonderful quarter of finishes. I don't know how you do all that and all the other things you are responsible for doing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You were a busy gal in the second quarter of the Finish-A-Long! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete