Sunday, July 07, 2019

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching,

Another 3 weeks has flown by, and time to report in for the Hand Quilt Along.  I have been doing several projects by hand.  

I was able to get another one of my Father Christmas' done.  I hope to get some more prepped in the next couple of weeks.



I was able to finish Sweet Annie, a long forgotten project.  I had started her in class around 1997 and she got put in a container, along with the pink and brown quilt which I finished during the All About Strings Blog Hop here.  I kept thinking about Sweet Annie and I knew I just had to finish her.  

I had the background done, her dress stitched on, I had stitched Annie and her birdhouse and bucket, in really, really primitive backstitch.    I decided to take that out, and restitched her.  The things that always enticed me about this project were the stenciled border and the crazy patch stitching.  I am a crazy quilter also, though I haven't done much in the past few  years.  But I plan to get back to it soon. It was nice practicing my stitches again, but hard to deliberately look primitive.   Anyway after I located my stencil, I was able to do the border.  I just spritzed tea dye over the stencil and it worked pretty good.  I had an overspray when I moved the stencil for the longer border but just decided to leave it.  This was out of an old Kindred Spirits Book called Handgifts.  



I have also been working on a stitchery by Cheri Payne called God Bless America.  I was working on this on the 4th of July.  





I just finished the latest installment of Sweet Land of Liberty by Cheri Payne, a QAL I am working on, coordinated by Lori of Humble Quilts through the Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group on Facebook.  I needed to finish this up, as I have a blog hop coming up I haven't started my project yet.  


When I don't have any applique prepped, I have been working on another UFO called O My Stars, a penny mat.  


The pile on the left is what needs to be done, the one on the right I have already stitched.  





Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretEmmaTracyDebSusan,  Nanette,  EdithSharonKarrinGretchen and Kathi


I will also be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching  at Kathy's Quilts.  Pop on over there and see what everyone has been doing this week.  

Also in my spare time this week I have been listing my destashed items over in my Etsy shop.  I haven't figured out yet out to put a permanent button on my blog.  Been finding conflicting information.  I still have a lot more stuff to list.  I went through my sewing room the beginning of the year, and I have mounds of stuff I have decided I can live without.  Anyway, my Etsy shop is here:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/ocean4k


Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. So many lovely hand stitching projects... must be hard to pick which one to work on !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many great hand projects. It must be difficult to decide which one to work on. Father Christmas is a very nice completed applique piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me so many beautiful projects on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had a lot of hand projects..... I think you win! Enjoy your stitching time today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite today is Sweet Annie, just a lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some wonderful projects in the works. I really like how you stenciled that border. The tea dye is a perfect complement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father Christmas looks like he’s is for a wild ride. Made me grin. Lovely stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Karrin, I saw your picture in the dictionary next to the word 'overachiever'. LOL What a lot of things you worked on the last three weeks! Every single one is great! Not a boring minute ever at your house, I can tell. =) You have left me in the dust on every single project we are both doing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so prolific, Karrin! Your Liberty blocks look great. Cheri's God Bless America caught my eye last week on her Facebook page so I downloaded the pattern and hope to begin it soon. Yours is delightful.

    ReplyDelete