Monday, August 26, 2019

August One Monthly Goal


It's time to link up August finishes for the One Monthly Goal on Elm Street Quilts.

I want to be sure and not forget to do it this month like I did last month, when I finished my goal, but with watching the grandchildren and trying to keep up with regular life, I missed the hook up date!

My goal this month, which I stated here, was to finish a crazy quilt piece for my daughter for her 40th birthday which was on the 24th of August.  She requested a wall hanging, with a vintage mermaid in it.  

This was what I started out with, a pieced CQ block.  I should have darkened the mermaid picture some before I printed it on the silk fabric, but I didn't.  


These are pictures of the finished piece.  








Very happy to get this one done.  I'm thinking of doing a whole series of under-the-sea CQ, for a wallhanging for me.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I don't know what compelled me to hit the home button on your blog, but I am glad I did since you are now showing a completely different but beautiful project!I especially like the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful You are very creative.
    Hope you have a fun safe week
    Laura Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous block--I have lost a pattern for a thanksgiving turkey runner
    in my clean up--did i throw it out? Did I put it in with a bunch of cut offs to
    be culled?? Who knows...maybe the turkey is shy what with Fall upon us and all..lol
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you remembered to post and link up this month, Karrin! Your CQ piece turned out beautifully. It’s times like this that I miss our old CQ days. Like last month, IF I finish in time, it will be just under the wire. Too many surgeries and doctor appointments this month for DH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty. Looks like you had a lot of fun embellishing the CQ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy you finished in time, and I'm happy to have another look at it. It's just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete