Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Buhl-Bushong Quilt, Sew Lets QAL

I've had a few finishes the last couple of days.  Trying to keep my projects up to date.

First up, I finished up this month's segment of the Buhl-Bushong quilt, a BOM provided by the  So right now one border is done.   This is from the Virginia Quilt Museum's collection of quilts.  It is being offered as  a BOM download on the museum/s Facebook page.


Next up, since I didn't have any applique prepped, the past couple of days I worked on one of Kathy Schmitz's stitchery from her One Stitch at a Time monthly club.  



Lastly, the Sew Lets QAL by Partners in Design posted the last block in this QAL yesterday.  I got that block done today, and a picture of the last 4 blocks.  I just need to figure out how I am going to set these and the other 9 blocks.

This block is shelves of thimbles, with one missing.




Today the new block for Barbara Brackman's Hospital Sketches QAL came out, and I have the block prepped to work on tonight.  

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday.  I took DH up to his appointment at Kaiser, and I saw one of my former Kaiser Home Health coworkers sitting outside.  Then I looked further down the sidewalk and I saw quite a few friends standing around outside.  Anyway one of my good friends invited me to breakfast this morning, as they had training again today in the same location.  They work in another location, but they are having training in my town.  I told her I really needed to help DH get going in the mornings, but invited them to breakfast here.  

So we had a nice breakfast this morning with pancakes, eggs, sausage and fruit.  My one friend had started some lap quilts, just simple blocks.  The tops are done.  I told her to bring them with her and I would quilt them for her.  There is one corner that is going to need to be finessed.  She was short on one of the sashings, and then just put another on next.  I told her I would put something in that corner.  I have been retired 2 years now, and these were UFOs before that.  She is not a quilter, just decided she was going to make a lap quilt for her daughter, and then started another one.  So when I get my quilting machine back out, I will put those on first.  

Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. I like that monthly club Sq.
    Not a quilter at all .
    Have a fun week
    LauraQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Buhl border is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet to help her with her finishing, Karrin. That Buhl-Bushong quilt is going to be beautiful. It's another one I like, but I'm not on FB, and I can't start it right now anyway, so I'll just have to admire yours from a distance - of about 2500 miles. LOL This is one big country, and I can't get used to not having California right next door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your QAL blocks, they are so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That border is quite amazing, and how fun to meet your old co-workers and then get to have them over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your block! Your embroidery is lovely. Also, take a look at my needle threader reviews– http://sewingz.com/best-needle-threader/. There’s a chart at the bottom with a summary of which ones worked best for different types of needles.

    ReplyDelete