Saturday, August 24, 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long, Quarter 3 Goal Accomplished, Bittersweet Week



I completed another goal on the 2019 Finish-A-Long quarter 3.  My list, which is stated here, was to finish the Nutcracker Suite BOM offered by Shabby Fabrics to a flimsy stage.

Last year, around my birthday/anniversary, I found out about this nutcracker BOM, and as I collect nutcrackers, it immediately appealed to me, and I signed up.  The BOM was starting in November of last year.  Around the same time, DH was wondering what I wanted for my BD/anniversary, which are in October/November and I told him about this BOM and he gave me the $$$ to pay for most of the BOM, the backing and thread kit. 

I really want this finished for this Christmas, and have been keeping up pretty much as I receive the packets.  I was able to finish putting it together today.  Now just to figure out how I am going to quilt it!




On another note, I guess 40 year old foam disintegrates.  This is the top of my ironing board.  I kept having pieces of something appear in my sewing room, and today out in my dining room.  I finally realized it was the foam from under the ironing board cover.  I just kept putting new covers on.  But apparently this was under the original one.  the foam was oozing out those little diamond shapes and falling on the floor!  I've cleaned it all up now in preparation for a new cover.  




I had granddaughter Kyleigh to lunch yesterday.  She headed back to college in Weston, Mass this morning.  Her and her dad are driving cross-country so she will have her car this year.   I knew if I offered a BLAT (bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado) she would come!  Will be missing her till we next see her.  I provided her with a goodie bag of snacks, home-made granola, sunflower seeds and pistachios, and dried mango.  



And if that wasn't enough excitement for the week, my baby, Katie turned 40 today.  Her and her family are currently in Disneyland.  We had our BD dinner for Katie and Kyleigh on Monday night.  


Guess that is all for now.  I'm having an ultrasound of my abdomen tonight at 10 p.m  so I couldn't eat or drink after 2 p.m.  I don't usually snack, but because I can't eat until after the procedure, of course I am hungry!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful quilt this will be. A Christmas heirloom for sure. Lovely family happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice grandma you are to spoil your girl before she goes off to college. So hard when they are going somewhere far from home. I love the nutcracker quilt - it is just beautiful!! Hope all the tests turn out ok. Weird to have an appointment late at night??

    ReplyDelete