Saturday, July 18, 2020

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

Hard to believe another three weeks has flown by since the last Hand-Quilt-Along report.  Right now I am working on a hand-embroidery project for the Christmas in July (then and now) Blog Hop.  My day is on the 28th.     I'll be able to show my projects then.  What I will be working on next is this Kathy Schmitz One Stitch At a Time Club stitchery. 



Be sure and check out the links below and see what they have been up to. 

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

I will also be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over there too, and see the Sunday motivation.  

I have been busy with a lot of gardening this week.  My new area is coming along well.  I pretty much have it how I want it.   I dug up some bulbs from another area, that never bloom, and it has been that way for years.  I am going to plant them in this new area and hope they at long last bloom.  I think they were lilacs, but it has been so long ago, I can't remember.  I guess it will be a nice surprise.  The bit of pink in the back is a dahlia that I just purchased today.  It was too hot to plant today, so I will do that later.  But it isn't going to go in this area, I don't think.






Today I found something I have long looked for.  It is called Mexican Evening Primrose.  Years ago, I had an entire section of this planted and it was so beautiful.  I loved it so much, and then the city came and dug up that area to put in a water meter and it died.  One day I'll find the pictures I took of that and share.  But I got three small pots to start out.  It is the pink one.  I also got another Rudbekia that still needs planting.



Here are some things that have made me happy this week.    The beautiful flowers on my begonias.  




This Rudbekia 

Also my naked ladies are coming up.  These are AKA as Amaryllis Belladona.  In our rainy season, the latter part of the year the foliage comes up, and then dies back.  Then around this time, the flowers come up.    I have a lot of bulbs, just a handful are up right now, but it makes me smile to see them again!





Lastly, this week I received a package from Shelly @Prairie Moon Quilts.    I participate in her 350 Block Project each month, and apparently she draws a name each month, and I was the winner last month.  This was my prize!
A cute apron kit made out of a tea towel!  Thanks so much Shelly!




Thanks so much for stopping by, and be sure and visit the links above for the Hand Quilt-Along, and Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts!  You won't be sorry!

13 comments:

  1. Pretty gardens you have! Your stitchery is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your K embroidery piece - that looks fun to work on! So many pretty flowers, too. I especially like the Evening Primrose! How disappointing to have your original flower bed die out like that. Glad you could find a new batch of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to check in and hear from you. I know, its so hard to believe 3 weeks whizzed right on by. The stencil pattern with K in the middle is great! Love seeing the garden and flowers. Always brightens my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new garden area is looking lovely and the other plants are quite pretty, I look forward to seeing the stitching progress on the K project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new embroidery block is really cute, love that style. The garden is looking well, pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love initial embroideries and am considering making some. A shame you had to replace primrose. Such pretty flower. It may be related to what is called Moss Rose which grows nicely in hot sunny dry spots in my local. Rudbekia is such a cheerful plant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a wonderful pattern to enjoy stitching!
    And your flowers are very pretty, so I hope you can enjoy some outdoor stitching time.
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You surely must be doing the emrroidery piece for me since there is a "K" in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely stitching you are doing! Thank you for showing pictures from your garden and of your pretty flowers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new embroidery project! Lovely pictures of your flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karrin, I just love your "K" embroidery ... I look forward to seeing how you stitch this!
    I love your flower show too! Congrats on a great win :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to seeing the stitches and floss colors that you use on your new embroidery project. Your flowers are wonderful. Such a variety. I have always loved Mexican Evening Primrose, but never knew what it was. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post answered a question I've had for a few years. If I understand right, those tall pink flowers with only stems and no leaves are the ones you refer to as naked ladies or Amaryllis Belladona. I've seen them in yards and gardens and always wondered what they were. My best guess was some kind of lily but the plants didn't look like any lilies I'd ever seen. And now I know! Thanks so much, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete