Saturday, July 25, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

I had totally meant to post during the week, but I don't know where the time got to.   Last Sunday, we had a visit from both daughters, and 3 of the 5 grandchildren.  What a great time visiting with all! 

Kristen, our oldest is still working from home and probably will indefinitely.  Katie has just gone back to work full-time.  Kristen's youngest son, Keaton is watching Katie's two, Klara and John, and has been all summer.  It was just 2 days a week, but now is 5 while Katie works. 


We noted as we were taking our picture, that we can always tell what time of year it is by the quilt behind us, which changes with the seasons.

The kids had a good time getting the pirate Legos out.  I think Klara had my poor naked Strawberry Shortcake dolls out too.


While they were here, both girls asked me to make more masks for their families, which I got done yesterday and delivered them.



Klara was so excited when she came over, she had a present for me.    She knows I love mermaids. 
Her mother Katie drew this mermaid for me, and Klara colored it in with watercolors.  It even had a nifty mermaid frame!  I love it!


Have done a lot of working in the gardens this week.  I got the Mexican primrose planted and hauled in a bunch of bags of bark.  I still need to go back over and get more next week.  The bark in my front section has disappeared over the past couple of years, and it needs replaced.  We have a circular driveway and there is a semi-circle garden area in front of the driveway with the sidewalk on the other side.



There are more naked lady flowers coming up in the back gardens.  I think I have 15 up now, and there are 30 bulbs I think.  I replaced the bark out here too.


The other exciting thing this week, my dear husband bought me a new Cricut Explore Air 2.    He had bought me the first ones that came out.  I am really having fun with this one.  It is not the one that cuts fabric I don't think, although it can cut vinyl and felt.

It arrived this morning.  This was my first experiment I tried.  I'm in the middle of working on a memory book for granddaughter Kyleigh and I think I will use this for her memory book.  I still have a lot to learn.  


My slow stitching this week has been on this tea towel, the transfers from Stitcher's Revolution.  
I'm working on a bunch of these for Christmas gifts.  


What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is this month's stitchery from the One Stitch At a Time Club by Kathy Schmitz.  




I'll be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts.  Be sure and head over and see what everyone has been up to!  Have a great week!  

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun visit with family. Talented daughter you have to draw that mermaid and granddaughter to color it in. Love the little birdie on your K stitchery. I wonder what color it will be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis great to have a different quilt for the different seasons displayed on the wall. What a lovely week to enjoy special times with your family and to receive a special gift from your dear husband. The chocolate stitchery does make me smile and your stitching you are doing today is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see what you've been up to all week! It sounds like you really enjoyed the time with daughters and grandkids. I'm missing my kids - they live too far away to get together very often, but we have missed celebrating their birthdays with them. I like the tea towel design you're working on! Your K stitching is moving right along, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great visit with you daughters and grandchildren. I am looking forward to another visit from my daughter next month. Not sure when my son will be able to visit. Your Chocolate towel is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun busy week. I can see the family resemblance with daughters. Cute masks - very appealing to kids and certainly don't mind wearing. Chocolate tea towel had me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you could enjoy time with family! So special!
    The gardens are looking good!
    Relax in the garden and enjoy a slow time of hand embroidery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karrin, Looks like you have had a fun weekend !!! I love the tea towel you finished... and that mermaid pic is precious including the coordinating frame!
    I am loving your K embroidery... I make for everyone... seeing you add some bits of wool for leaves is amazing the dimension that adds to that... looking forward to seeing all of this in a finish soon! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family visits these days are to be cherished! How wonderful! Love that you can tell what time of the year it is by the quilt in the photo spot. Great collection of masks! I'm doing the same for my clan here.

    ReplyDelete