Saturday, July 11, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Time to check in again for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  I've gotten some slow stitching done this week, I stitched a tea towel for my sister-in-law.  This one I stitched on other fabric and attached it to the towel, mainly because the stripes went down the middle, and also because the design was already on the fabric.  The little kit was a surprise gift from my friend Susan @ DesertSky Quilting.  It came with two designs traced out, and my sister-in-law loves lighthouses as I do, so I am gifting her with one of them. 


Char's BD is coming up, and I am going to give her a Hobby Lobby Gift card for one thing, and I'm going to wrap the gift card in this. 

What I will be working on this week is the design from Kathy Schmitz's One Stitch at a Time Club for July.   I'll be doing several of these I think, as we have 4 K's in our family for first name initials.



What I have also been working on this week has been a lot of gardening.  I recently made a new garden out front, and I have been buying herbs and planting them.  My grandson Keaton helped me bring in the cinder blocks to create this new garden.  It was the easiest thing I could do by myself.  I had planted a butterfly busy, and I think 2 hydrangeas. 


I've been planting the herbs in the little holes in the cinder blocks.  This morning daughter Katie called and asked if I wanted to go to the garden store, and I happily agreed.   I got some more herbs, a  large rosemary plant, and Katie got me this one called Angel Wings.  I love it!



I also got this one, called Gaura.  The bees were loving it at the garden center.  




I wanted to plant my new plants, but by the time we got home, had lunch, it was 97 degrees at 12:30 and too hot for me to work outside today.  

I had a dumb injury this week.  I bruise really easily, and I get these red spots on my skin, that if I scrape them my skin peels up.

I went to sit down on my little garden stool that has wheels, and I sat on it the wrong way, it flipped me on the ground, and I scraped my arm along the cinder blocks.


Also this week, granddaughter Kyleigh and I have been working on some travel journals.  She hopes to get over another time or two before she heads back to school.  

This one was Kyleigh's.  I have plenty of scrapbooking materials and we are using my stash.  She is journaling her travels.  When she graduated from high school,  we took a mini trip to Monterey.


I am journaling my trip in 2017 to Brookings, Oregon.  I spent a week up there with my brother and sister-in-law Char.  We spent a wonderful week in a condo right on the beach, and spent the days collecting driftwood, shells, small rocks and visiting local lighthouses.  

This is one of my pages.  


This was one of my creations from collected driftwood, small rocks, and shells.



Just a reminder, the Christmas In July Then and Now Blog Hop is coming up.  I am working on my project, and can't wait to share.  



uly 27
  
July 28
  
July 29
  
July 30
  
July 31



Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.   Be sure and head on over and check out what everyone is up to. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!



7 comments:

  1. Pretty lighthouse design! Looks like it will be the perfect gift for your SIL. We love Monterey! Throughout this staying-at-home time my hubby and I have been dreaming of a trip to Monterey. Hoping we can get back there at least sometime in 2021. Your new garden looks great, except for the injury. That's no fun! Hope you can stay cool - hot here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lighthouse! Sorry about the injury and hope it heals quickly. Your garden is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! No fun to get scraped up. That's one of my tricks, to fall off a stool and get banged up.

    Your gift of a tea towel wrapped around a gift card sounds so lovely! I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly worked on a variety of projects. I am not a gardener but admire those that at least give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lighthouse is such a pretty finish. How clever is that mermaid of yours and I can just imagine the lovely memories that surface as you create each scrap booking page. Your herb garden is going to smell fabulous when all the herbs begin to flourish. Oh....and may I say how I love the pretty blue applique flower you showcased last week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post, well, except for the nasty scrape you suffered. Hubby has sensitive skin too and bruises and bleeds easily. SO easily done. Meanwhile, lots of creative activiites...the garden with the cinder blocks is neat and the stitching, of course, as well as those lovely memories being saved in your scrap book pages. All great stuff and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lighthouse stitchery is pretty and your cinder block garden is lovely, I had built a cinder block garden a few years ago before I moved to my current home. The mermaid you crafted from driftwood stones and shells is beautiful. Hope you injury heals fast.

    ReplyDelete