Saturday, February 05, 2022

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching



Three weeks have passed since the last Hand Quilt Along update.  Welcome to Theresa for joining our group!  I am not even working on the same things I was working on back three weeks ago.  I have another block for my mini quilt guild group to make this week.  They needed another block done, and I volunteered to do one more block.  I need to get it done before the mini quilt group comes to my house next Friday.  The theme is different houses.  I did a Victorian house and Lighthouse last time.  This will be for a community quilt for the guild or to auction off.  They gave me the choice of igloo or teepee, and I didn't like those choices.  I suggested a hen house or chicken coop.  I found one in a coloring page, and decided to do this one.


What I have also worked on this week is my Stay At Home Round Robin project.  I put the wonky stars my project.  You can read about the SAHRR here on Quilting Gail.  



My grandson Keaton got his letterman jacket this week, so they brought the patches over for me to attach.  Look at all that curly hair.  Half the time it is not even combed!  



My slow stitching project this week is this Valentine project.  I don't have that  much more to stitch and should be able to finish it within the next day or two.  


Check out what the other hand quilt along bloggers are up to below.

Hand Quilt Along Links


This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinDaisy and Theresa


I will be linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.    Check out what everyone over there is up to also!  

16 comments:

  1. What is the redwork valentine design? If you can forward the information, I’d appreciate it. Thanks

    Anne Perry
    Anne_perry@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a charming Valentine's project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a lot going on - and that doesn't even include everything! :) Congratulations on your grandson's letterman jacket! He looks so happy and that hair! Love it! Your Valentine project is so delicate. I never thought to peruse coloring books for quilt block ideas! That's clever! Your wonky stars certainly add a nice dimension to the quilt. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is your hand quilting group? enjoy all your hand stitching I know I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Valentine's Day rework--you will be done in time for the 14th! Sound like a wide assortment of houses for your guild fundraiser quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grandson looks quite please with his jacket. I love that Valentine's project. Those wonky stars look great with that center piece. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandson is a handsome young man! That’s a really nice red work project, what will you use it for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your round robin looks great with its happy, wonky stars, Karrin! I need to finish my stars up this afternoon. I love that heart design you're stitching, too. It's always fun to be stitching something that's just right for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet Valentine embroidery project you are working on Karrin. I love the chicken coop you are going to create too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The valentine redwork is lovely! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have some great projects in the works. I love the Valentines quilt in the header. It is so beautiful - Your grandson is handsome and I remember those letterman jacket days :) The red work valentine is lovely. The guild project sounds great and I love yo9u choose the hen house/chicken coup to do

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your sweet Valentine's Day quilt! 'Tis adorable! Those wonky stars look great added to the SAHRR quilt. Cute little chicken coop/bird house you are going to stitch. Isn't Keaton's curly hair fabulous??!! Why oh why is it that the boys always have the best curly hair??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Valentine stitching project looks lovely. The SAHRR is looking very nice. Handsome grandson, looking so happy in his letterman jacket. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that curly hair and big smile.😀 your valentine quilt is charming and the embroidery block is so pretty! Wonderful stitching going on here.👍

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coloring books make for great patterns. What a handsome young man. Lovely red embroidery heart which must be fun to stitch in February.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love colouring books for getting simple patterns. Handsome grandson and lovely curly hair. Great stitching here Karrin.

    ReplyDelete