Sunday, February 27, 2022

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

Three weeks have flown buy again.   At that time I was working on this project, and I finished it.


I also got a few more rows on my Stay at Home Round Robin.   Last week's round was Shoo Fly blocks, which I have not yet had a chance to work on.  



This past week has been particularly busy.  Daughter Kristen and SIL Jeff flew back to see granddaughter Kyleigh in her last swimming competition of her college career and she  won third place in 100 back, and third place in 200 back.  So this week I have had airport shuttle duty.  I have also been picking grandson Keaton up after swim practice every day.  Saturday he had scrimmage so I waited till he was done, took him home for a shower and we went to Red Robin for lunch.   Keaton likes to go thrifting so we went to 2 Goodwills, an Ecothrift Store, another thrift store and one that was a dud.  Keaton ended up buying 6 tops!  I got an embroidered table runner, and a men's tie that looks like mermaid scales.  




While waiting for Keaton to get out of scrimmage on Saturday I actually finished this embroidery and started working on this Ella Maria Duncan block.






Check out the other Hand Quilt Along links below and see what everyone has been up to.

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinDaisy and Theresa

I will also be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over there and check out what everyone has been up to.  

Another thing that has happened this last week, is that Pat Winter, one of my crazy quilt friends nominated me on Facebook for Artist Challenge to post a picture a day of one of my crazy quilt pieces, or anything artistic I have done.  Below are some of my crazy quilt pieces, or bags.  




This is a class I took with Judith Baker Montano, and she featured us students in her book that came out afterwards called Fibre Art Montage.  



One year I was in a journal project where we made a block a month, and I started making blocks with pictures of my family and embellishing them.  I have a lot more to go, as the last one I did of my girls they were really little.  

I transferred a picture of my parents when they got married.


This was of me and John.  Back in the 70's he played me Neil Diamond songs.  One one of the Neil Diamond covers, he had an embroidered shirt.  So I embroidered John one.   I think when this picture was taken was the only time he actually wore it!  



This was a block of my girls when they were about 5 or 6.  


When my girls were little, my MIL made them each a Holly Hobby quilt.  I showed her a picture and she put her own spin on it.  The Holly Hobby was rather large, and she had a pocket in which my MIL made a little Holly Hobby doll.  That little turquoise object in the bottom middle of the block was the Holly Hobby doll's bonnet.  I found a little lace Holly Hobby motif, and I embellished it with embroidery.  

This last block was of John and his mom.


Before I go, please keep the Ukraine in your thoughts and prayers. 


Thanks for stopping by!  

15 comments:

  1. You have had another very busy week.Congratulations to your granddaughter on her competition and woo hoo on having thrifting buddy. Lol. I bet ya'll had a great time out shopping. You have so many lovely projects going on. I love seeing your SAHRR progress. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your crazy quilting is fabluous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice embroidery!! I love ALL your art projects and am praying for Ukrainians too 💕. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those embellishments, and for Ukraine, I cannot image the utter fear there. I read one mother gave birth to her. baby in the subway, guess the only consolation that there would be a lot of other Mums there to support her.Sadness and Terrorism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing your crazy quilting adventures. The ones that feature pictures of your family are fabulous, Karrin! A family history in fabric and thread - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Kyleigh on an award-winning swim. The crazy-quilted pieces are lovely. I've done tiny bits of CQ here and there. I love the use of your lace and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your redwork heart and the way you have displayed it. Lovely to go for a creative trip with you down memory lane. Great crazy quilt pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, I wonder where you ever find the time to stitch, Karrin. =) You are always out and about serving your family♡ Congratulations to Kyleigh on her amazing swims. She must be chuffed! Oh my goodness, those crazy quilted pretties are gorgeous. So, so much amazing and intricate stitching and beautiful embellishments to be seen everywhere. I smiled at the embroidered shirt of John's. I have always been tempted to stitch a little lace and embroidery on one of my husband's shirt......why I think I will. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed visiting your page today with all the fun news, swim wins, thrift shopping, daughter visits and all the great photos of family, projects crazy quilt and embroidered shirts (I remember doing that back then) Praying for Ukraine and have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your embroidery finish shows a great idea of how to hang a project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So enjoyed seeing all your projects,made my eyes right happy!! Congratulations on the wins!! 🏊🏻‍♀️Definitely praying for Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those grands sure do keep you busy! Congrats on her finishes on her last meet. So glad your daughter was able to see it in person. Your design work is amazing and that bag with the whale/dolphin is amazing. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that was a busy but nice week, Karrin. I enjoyed seeing your artistic textiles, and your latest Ella Duncan piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to the swimmer in the family. I was a swimmer too and have many amazing memories of those days. I have picked up a few books and crazy quilt stitches and will be slowly adding stitches to a sunflower quilt projects. I am currently hand stitching on a regular basis so I have some progress shots every 3 weeks. It is a great motivator. My blog posted with the incorrect date so I will link here.
    https://quiltedthrifted2.wordpress.com/2022/02/21/hand-quilt-along/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been busy. Congratulations to your granddaughter on her 3rd place finishes! Your embroidery is very pretty as is your quilt block. Keeping Ukraine in my mind each and every day.

    ReplyDelete