Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Tickled Pink Blog Hop, Day 3, My Day

 


The Tickled Pink Blog Hop started on Monday, hosted by Carla @Creatin in the Sticks.  We were challenged to make something pink, or something that tickles our fancy.

Pink actually is my least favorite color, but I love these blog hops as they challenge me to do something out of my comfort zone.  

About the time I was thinking about what I was going to do on this blog hop, I won a $25 gift certificate to In Stitches, a quilt shop in Dixon, CA.  As it is about 40 minutes from me, I decided to make a trip over to spend my gift certificate and I came up with some great pinks.  While I do have pink in my stash, it is mostly in my Civil War reproduction fabrics, and I didn't want to use those.  



Another reason I wanted to be in the Tinkled Pink Blog Hop was that I have no Valentine's pillows.  I had found a cute gnome Valentine pattern on Embroidery Library.   Those little gnomes gave me a hard time.  I had to embroider the design twice.  The first time I got halfway through the first hat and my red thread kept breaking.  I kept backing up and redoing it, changed reds, changed needles multiple times.    I had already spent a couple of hours on it.  Decided to try it again the next day with yet another red, and it worked fine.  




The heart that says "All because two people fell in love" sentiment came from my Cricut Design space.  I used iron on vinyl, and used scraps from the pinks to make the other two strip pieced blocks.

I had thought of doing another cushion, a bench cushion, but never got that far.    Then Monday, Valentine's day I was reading my email.  I get notified when  Angie Padilla has a new design.  I have always loved her applique, but never joined her Bits and Pieces Club.  I joined when I saw this Love gnome mug rug.   I have loved gnomes for several years now.   This morning I discovered if you are part of her Bits and Pieces Club, she has a BOM with gnomes in it this year!  I am so excited!  



Lastly is a picture of my beautiful rose-colored camellia my daughter and I found on one of my bushes out back.  It is huge and tickles my fancy!





Thanks so much for stopping by.  The full hop schedule is listed below. Be sure and stop and visit the other bloggers.  There are a lot of great projects!  And many thanks to Carla for another wonderful, challenging to me hop!  


Monday, February 14th




28 comments:

  1. Such a cute gnome! I can't remember if I am still in Angie's club, I'd better go check! Stunning camellia! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable gnomes and great projects! What fun that you joined something, and it turned out even better than you expected! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Gnomes you embroidered are absolutely adorable. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who has issues embroidering some days. It's best to walk away from it when it happens, I say...but don't do myself at times. LOL!! Your little applique mat from Angies Bits and Pieces is adorable. This is my 11th year in her club, and I absolutely love her patterns. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The new Gnome BOM is soooooooo cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your stack of fabrics look great - is that blue/aqua a batik on the bottom of it - I think I have that one and love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love gnomes, so this is a project that tickles my heart, lol! I will have to check out that club.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gnome projects from the last few months have been so fun to see, Karrin! I really love the mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the visit on your blog hop of pink things… pink is not in my top 10 either and I don’t have much in my stash…
    I love your pillow to commemorate the love of your husband! I love the gnomes on everything too! You are smart with your appliqué and cricut… I bet you are really glad you joined that group too… I love how you quilted your mug rug ;)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gnomes in any color, but they do look sweeter in pink. Your pillow is beautiful and that mug rug is so cute! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gnomes are finding their way into many of our homes and all of our hearts. Yours are sweet. I do love Angie's patterns, but don't yet belong to the club. It is tempting though. Thanks for the sweets you have shared.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think pushing yourself to do something out of your comfort zone like stitching a little pink is a great tool to grow. Wow, look at those sweet projects. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gnomes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, what cute gnomes. Your projects are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cushion is lovely definitely multi media, I love your mug rug as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Your cushion is definitely multi media and I love your mug rug too well done

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute gnome mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What tickled me pink about your projects is that you have used so many of your machines to get these beautiful projects finished. Ain't toys great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pillow turned out lovely. I hate when I am almost done stitching a piece with my embroidery machine and something goes wrong. The gnomes are very cute, especially the mugrug. Also love the camellia.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your projects and the flower is so pretty! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore your pillow. Those gnomes are so precious! Sometimes when having problems with a project it is good to take a small break and then go back to the project and it seems to all come together. Have a great week, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh dear, can I say that the rose tickled me the most? Even though our temps have moderated today, I would love to find a rose outside. The projects are great. Pink is my favorite color and I love and buy lots of designs from Embroidery Library. You did super especially stepping out into the world of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable gnome! And that pink camelia is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your gnome and your quilting is absolutely fabulous. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful projects and a beautiful flower! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your pillow and your mug rug, Karrin! I love gnomes! The camelia is our state flower! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this pillow, the gnomes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete