Monday, February 28, 2022

One Monthly Goal, February

 


I'm happy to say, I am able to link up my One Monthly Goal for February, and many thanks to Patty @Elm Street Quilts for this monthly motivation.  

I stated my goal for February here, which was to quilt and bind one of the community quilts for my quilt guild.  It was a small one, and I figured it would not take me very long.

Trouble was, I had only quilted 1 quilt around Christmas on my new Handi Quilter Moxie.   I looked up late last week to see what my One Monthly Goal was, as I have had so many activities taking me out of the house.  When I did get started quilting this quilt my machine would start out fine for about a 6 inch square, and then would start making birds nests underneath.  So I ended up quilting almost a pass, then I would look at the bottom and see the nests, and pick the nests out.   I learned that I could sit under the frame and pick out the mess from the bottom instead of bending over, which was getting to my back.

The thread kept jumping out of the tension disks.  Finally, yesterday, I looked at the diagram for threading  it again and I apparently missed a step.  I was able to finish.  I was able to finish sewing down the binding this morning.  I'm happy to get this one off my to-do list!  


I'll be linking up for One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.  

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Karrin, how wonderful that you figured it out and finished it! Congratulations on your finish! My OMG was done, but I forgot to linkup when I published my blog yesterday, but am mostly glad it is done. Now, on to March's goal.

    ReplyDelete