Monday, October 26, 2020

From the Heart Blog Hop, Day Two, My Day!

 




This is my day, and the second day of the From the Heart Blog Hop.  I was so excited when I heard about this one hosted by Carol @ Just Let Me Quilt.  Carol has some of the best blog hops, and I appreciate all she does, and being able to participate in this one.

The idea was to create a small gift to share with someone.  The list for the entire blog hop is included below.  

I have been working on a number of gifts for Christmas.  I have been embroidering on tea towels with these iron-on designs by Stitcher's Revolution.  I bought the first set at that link, but then found that they also have them at Hobby Lobby and Walmart.  



They are easy to embroider, and make a nice gift.

Last week I got tied up in making the next gifts.  My daughters when they came to celebrate my birthday, saw this little wall hanging, and both wanted one,  This was a QAL on the Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group on Facebook.  I wanted to get them done before Halloween, and they have been gifted already.



Recently on the Love and Hugs for Christmas SAL, I downloaded this free design by Marg Low Designs, called Letter to Santa.   My daughter loves birds, and I usually make her something with a bird in it for Christmas.  I decided to make it into a table topper.  


I also put together another table topper.  The center block was an orphan block from a Feathered Star class I took with Marsha McCloskey probably in the late 1990's.  This was the only block that was completed.  I found one of the fabrics I used, but the others were not immediately available.  I decided to make a braided border for it.  I didn't have a chance to quilt it due to life recently, but this is the completed top.  It was good to get this out of the orphan pile, and it is ready to quilt next.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and be sure and check out the others on the hop below.  Thanks again to Carol for another fun hop!

25 comments:

  1. The border on the red and green quilt is oh so interesting. Reminds me of Christmas candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your feathered star is precious! And how cute those Halloween wall hangings are! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great group of projects/gifts! I love the tea towels, and I'm sure the recipient will too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are really getting ready for your Christmas gifting. I love, love, love your embroideries and I'm sure your loved ones will love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection of sweet gifts. Love your handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween wall hangings? LOVE!!! You've got some really lucky gift recipients with all you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty projects and ideas. Your feathered star is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!!! I love those dish towels. They are speaking directly to my soul! Therapy, Chocolate and Wine! Those and the breakfast in bed ones are priceless! Fun fun fun projects you shared. My mind is spinning with ideas now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your embroidered tea towels are so cute and will make such great gifts! Thank you for sharing your great projects! Love that braided border!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy, Karrin! Your embroidered tea towels are really cute. I need to get some hand stitching to do while waiting in carline to pick up my grandsons and take them home! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, Karrin, you really went gift idea crazy...love it! I'd forgotten about those iron-on designs that I used many times as a kid. It's great that they've maintained the test of time so we can continue to use them. Your embroidery looks beautiful and the designs are so cute on the tea towels. The braided border is incredible! Thank you for sharing your gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful gift suggestions! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those embroidered teatowels - a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those towels are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been busy, Karrin! I love all those fun designs you've been working on. I may have to try those tea towels - they're just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love hand-embroidery and t-towels are perfect. Loved the feathered star block and the braid for a border was excellent. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun embroidery, and your Halloween wall hangings are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lot of great gifts. Thanks for sharing some inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed signing up for this one ... too bad, this is right up my alley! I love your offerings!! I love what you did with your orphaned block ... that twisted border is fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all those pretty gifts that you have made. The quilt from that lonely block is so pretty. The border is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Karrin! I love all your little quilts and embroidered things. Definitely heartfelt and wonderful gift ideas. I think I'm a member of the Quilts by Cheri group - I'll go find that cute Halloween design. Love the braided border - such a striking finish! Thanks for sharing all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those embroidered t-towels! I had a chuckle with the "If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen!
    That braid border is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you very much for hopping. Your quilts are amazing and do make wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such lovely gifts, anyone who receives one would be so pleased! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tea towels are adorable. Love all those stitchy sayings. Great idea for sure! All of your gifts are amazing.

    ReplyDelete