Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween, Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Halloween everyone!  My grandchildren came over right before I wrote this post on Halloween.  


John's mask looks like this in the dark.  


We usually only get 1-2 groups of kids, on a regular Halloween.  Not sure we we get any tonight.  I have my mask on just in case.  


As far as the Hand Quilt Along goes, three weeks ago I was here on this stitchery.


For the From the Heart Blog Hop last week, I made this little table topper out of the finished embroidery.   


I was also working on this stitchery from the One Stitch at a Time Club by Kathy Schmitz.  

I finished this one too. 


This week I have been working on my Father Christmas guys, the last two of this wall hanging.  I couldn't figure out how to do the little puppet guy, so I copied him onto printer fabric and colored it on.  I still need to put a string on him, and I have a couple of appliqued sashings to finish and I can get this project together.  



This week I also made 3 more of the QAL by the Sea blocks designed by the Partners in Design.


Check out the Hand Quilt Along links below.  

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinGretchenDaisyConnieMonica and Sherrie


For Slow Sunday Stitching this week, I am working on another tea towel.


Also I got some applique prepped, 4 blocks for Ella Maria Deacon Quilt, and two blocks for Poppy's Polka Dot Garden being offered by Sentimental Stitches.




I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.   Head over there and check out the weekly inspiration there too!  

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Cute grands! How fun to have a glow in the dark mask! You've made progress on lots of projects - I love the Father Christmas designs. How many of those are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson's mask is very creative. I can see that it would be scary in the dark with the glow.

    I gave out candy to the Trick or Treaters but not in person. I put a tray in the driveway with a pumpkin basket full of bags of candy. No way to know if they only helped themselves to one bag each. I missed seeing all the costumes as in the past, there have been some very good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you must be the hardest working stitcher I know... so many projects and so much progress being made! The Ella block prep alone is so much to organize... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table topper. Your projects will be ready for the holidays, that’s always fun then to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Another week of lots of production in your sewing room! Cute grandkids too and that glow in the dark mask is very cool.
    Have a great day stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wide variety of projects you are working on. Wow. I love the Santas. Always my favorites. Your embroidery is really pretty. I like those finishes. The table topper is pretty. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting close on your Father Christmas project! You'll have it ready for December this year! Enjoy your day, and all your beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That glow in the dark mask is brilliant! You have been busy again. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's not to love with all the pretties seen here, Karrin❣ Those sea blocks are adorable; cannot wait to see this quilt. Then there is the pretty table topper stitched with your pretty embroidery and the lovely Santas...AND...then there is the sweet photo of your grandchildren. Love John's glow-in-the-dark mask; such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - you have done so much and its all fabulous. Love the table topper. That came out wonderful. I enjoyed visiting your page :) Have a great productive week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grands looked super cute! Your projects for slow stitching were fun ... and probably kept you busy!! Hope your week is going well!! :)

    ReplyDelete