Saturday, October 17, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

 Last weekend was a wonderful birthday weekend.  Daughter Kristen and Keaton my grandson came over on Saturday, bringing lumpia and senorita bread as treats.  Keaton mowed my lawn for me, and we had a wonderful afternoon.

Sunday brought daughter Katie and Klara and John.  They brought a delicious fruit tart, and Kristen and Jaeger also came by, and we had another wonderful afternoon.  I got many wonderful gift cards, Joann's, a local nursery, Michael's  and Hobby Lobby!  







Monday, my actual birthday was quiet, but I had a great day quilting.  I was able to completely quilt a baby quilt with my newly returned Juki that had spent 3 months in Texas for warranty work.  It worked perfectly, no thread breaks, needle breaks, and tension perfect!  I was thrilled.  

Tuesday, things went downhill.  I had noticed a nail in the sidewall of one of my tires.  I took it over to a local tire place, and found out that it was not repairable.  I needed a new tired.  I have all wheel drive, and if you replace one tire, you have to replace them all.  They gave me a quote which shocked me.

Luckily I have a son-in-law that has his own used car lot, and has connections with another car place, and was able to get me a decent price, less than half of the previous place.  So I was able to get new tires this week.

Another day was spent getting new shocks on my rear tailgate.  Due to these activities I haven't gotten much sewing done this week.  

I did finish a couple of hand projects.  October Kathy Schmitz's design from the One Stitch at a Time Club.



What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching  this week is my Father Christmas, the next to last block of this old, old BOM.  I just need to add the face, beard, and cuffs and details.  



I will be linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.    Pop on over and see what everyone else has been up to.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Cars can be so expensive, I feel your pain. We've just had to replace the tires on our motorhome and no son in law in the trade to get us a good deal! I'm glad to had a lovely birthday weekend. Those embroideries are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday to you! May you be blessed with many more wonderful birthdays, Karrin!

    I shall soon have to get my snow tires on. I am told that next spring, when I remove the snow tires, I will have to get new tires, since my current ones are too worn. I am not looking forward to that expense!

    Love the stitcheries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week - from up to down! So glad you enjoyed a great birthday and time with your family. Your embroidery pieces are really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun birthday weekend. Very cute embroideries! Car repairs are a pain...in the wallet and a big time eater as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday wishes to you!

    I really like the little redwork robin and postbox. So cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed our birthday! Sorry about the tire, and everything seems to get more expensive by the day. You still got a lot of stitching done and Mr Squirrel really turned out sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cars!! Don't you hate them when something goes wrong. They always seem so expensive to fix. Glad you could replace the tyres much cheaper than the original quote. As for your birthday celebrations, it looks as if you all had a blast. Just look at your beaming, beautiful face. It seems you were spoilt, and quite rightly so. I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday than to be in your sewing room happily quilting away on your newly serviced sewing machine. The baby quilt is lovely. Enjoy your Sunday finishing off that cute Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty stitching! Cars nedding attention can be very expensive, pleased you were able to get a better tire deal with family connections. Happy birthday, it's always so nice to celebrate with family, isn't it. Especially so in these strange times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karrin, I adore how your KS squirrel turned out! He's really darling! So's your Santa. My hubby's truck has spent more time in the shop over the past month than not. Which means he drops me off at work and I'm car-less. Ugh. Ah well, this too will (hopefully) pass! So glad you had a happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete