Saturday, October 10, 2020

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

Can't believe another three weeks have passed by, and time for the check-in for the Hand Quilt Along.  This past week has been sort of disjointed.   My mornings are taken up transporting my two youngest grandkids to their cousin's house where they finish up there school day working on assignments.  I have also tried working in the yard each morning before my chauffer duties as we have been having beautifully cooler weather in the 70's to 80's so I am able to work outside a little longer.  I am still trying to get the bushes trimmed and gutters cleaned out before we start getting our rain.   I love this time of year when it is cooler and I'm able to spend more time outside.  

I have also had three days this week with migraines that have put me out of commission all together, other than giving the kids a ride.  This time of year is bad for my migraines.

This piece is coming along very slowly, as I have it in the car, and work on it while I am waiting for the kids to come out.


I also finished last month's Cassandra's Circle block from Civil War Quilts.  


This week my slow stitching project will be Kathy Schmitz's embroidery from the One Stitch at a Time Club.  


Check out the other Hand Quilt Along links below.

Hand Quilt Along Links


This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinGretchenDaisyConnieMonica and Sherrie

I will also be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Check out those links over there too.  

Out in my garden this week, my sunflowers got so top-heavy I had to hook them to the fence!  That is all on one stalk!

This dahlia continues to bloom.


I have some little lizards that live in my yard.  They hang out on my porches sunning themselves, and run along my brick pathway when I walk outside.  I've even seen some babies that are about 1.5 inches long!   This guy today didn't even run away from me when I walked outside, just sat watching to see what I was going to do.  


This weekend is a special one for me.  My birthday is on Monday, and Saturday grandson Keaton came over to mow my lawn along with daughter Kristen.  Sunday I expect daughters Katie, Kristen and most of my grandchildren to come over to celebrate my birthday.  This one will be a big one, 70, hard to believe!    I will love having most all of my loved ones here and I will be in heaven.   

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!

20 comments:

  1. Have a happy birthday, so nice you can celebrate with your children and grandchildren. Your embroidery might be going slowly but it is making progress. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday on Monday!
    Hope the migraines stay away this week. They really throw a wrench in your day.
    Your blue block is lovely. How many blocks have you made for this quilt so far? How many still to do?
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Beautiful stitching...I've got the same pattern. I'm going to use it in my Christmas Sample. Your block is beautiful...as well as your flowers..love the Sunflowers...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a most EXCELLENT birthday week with NO migraines! Having that bit of stitching with you in the car will give you a sense of accomplishment and keep you busy while you wait, I became a much nicer person when I started carrying a project to work on while waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes on your b-day! It's so nice to have our hand projects when we need to kill time. I can't wait to stitch that squirrel is a cutie, but he will have to wait for a bit at my house. Can't wait to see how you do yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your civil war block and your red work. Wow - those sunflowers are amazing! You have a green thumb! Have a wonderful birthday and I am so glad you will have everyone with you to celebrate your birthday! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is so nice. I also have a project that sits in the car for those moments of waiting. I love your sunflowers. I had to cut mine from the stalk as the birds and squirrels were eating the seeds. I have them drying in the kitchen. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Hope those migraines are over, those things are so nasty! Love your projects,and those sunflowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful celebration with your family. So good you can spend time embroidering while waiting in the car. Your sunflower is amazing! I have never seen a stalk with so many large sunflower flowers. Beautiful projects you work on too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Karrin -s ounds like you'll be having a wonderful day! Your Cassandra block is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, Karrin! I hope you have a wonderful day full of love and laughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great lizard shot! I wish you a happy birthday and year!
    I've been having ocular migraines at least weekly (twice this week) and we hope it is from smoke which isn't really good since the fires are raging and will continue til there is more than two feet of snow consistently to put them out.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry you have had a week of migraines. I hope you are feeling a lot better now. If you have to be in the car a lot waiting for your grandchildren, isn't it great you can pull out your stitchery each time and work on it. That's the beauty of little hand stitching projects. Those sunflowers are amazing....such happy flowers. Have the best birthday on Monday celebrating with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best wishes and Happy birthday!!
    Your Sunflowers and dhalia are beautiful
    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful birthday, Karrin! Love those fantastic sunflowers! They are so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your redwork is going to look so cute. How big is that lizard? Don't get them in the UK. Happy birthday for Monday Karrin, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Happy Birthday!!! Lovely stitching :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of your projects - especially the beautiful blue block! The embroidery is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you had a happy, happy birthday!! Your monthly stitchery is primed and ready for your beautiful stitches! I haven't transferred mine...yet! Your CC block is beautiful; I can't wait to see your CC blocks all pieced together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's one stunning Cassandra block! Pretty stitching all round too. I'm so tempted to join Kathy's club but I joined Jenny's for a year and still have the patterns ready to stitch. So feel a little guilty about that. Meanwhile Happy Birthday and what a good grandma you are! Sorry to hear about the migraines...goodness knows with everything going on these days, it is all one big headache.

    ReplyDelete