Saturday, October 24, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Hard to believe another week has gone by and we are Slow Sunday Stitching again.  

It's been another week where I feel I haven't gotten much done.  We have been enjoying cooler weather, and are almost 20 degrees cooler than we were the past several weeks.  I have been able to get some of the yard work that needs to be done before our rains set in.  I've pretty much gotten the front yard done, and need to start working on the back next.  

The turkeys continue to like my new bark, and like to get settled and swish their butts around, frequently knocking it out into the driveway.  The other day I went out to water, and saw them getting comfortable and ran encouraged them to leave!




My daughters and three grandchildren went for a walk last Sunday for Breast Cancer.


My birthday weekend when my girls came over they saw my Happy Haunting mini quilt.   First one daughter wanted one, and just like when they were younger, the other wanted one too.  So I made another Happy Haunting, and gave them to both girls.  



I also got a block done for the QAL by the Sea.  I learned my lesson on showing it to my husband, a sailor.  He scrutinized it, and pointed out several things that need fixing.   



I still need to add the rigging on this block.  He pointed out though that the flag is going the wrong way, I need portholes, and it also needs a rudder!    

I have been working on several projects for the From the Heart Blog Hop that starts on Monday.  

What I will be working on this week for Slow Sunday Stitching is my Father Christmas block.  He still needs details on his face,  and stitching on the bell, light and staff.  



I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.   Head over and see what everyone else has been up to.


Also as a reminder, the From the Heart Blog Hop starts October 26th.  My day is on Tuesday.

Miss Klara got some cute pictures in this week.  She had a 50s day this week at school.


And they got holiday pictures today.


Thanks so much for stopping by!







13 comments:

  1. I like the rickrack to simulate waves. I have not seen that before.

    I like seeing wild turkeys. I assume you do not live in town as I have only seen them out in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Christmas is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Klara looks adorable in her 50's skirt!

    I have also found the turkeys to be a nuisance. They are beautiful when the light hits them and their colors show, but they are diggers. When it is hot out, they will dig holes in my garden and roost in the dirt. We play chase quite a bit. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday girl! I love your Halloween wall hangings and your boat JUST AS IT IS :) I hope your week is awesome and creative just like YOU! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course they each wanted one of your Happy Haunting minis - they are so cute! And the Santa, too. The turkeys made me laugh. We love seeing them when we are out and about, but of course they don't come in our yard and mess things up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised both your girls wanted the Halloween mini, it is very cute. Love your sailing boat......even if the flag is going against the wind! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see all your projects. I love that Santa. Could you tell me what pattern it is from? The fabrics you have chosen are just perfect. The 50's girl is darling. Hope she had a fun day at school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great projects you have. I especially liked Santa Claus!
    All the kids are so cute. It looks nice with fifties at school. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you encouraged those turkeys to move on with a broom in hand. =) Just look at your sweet grandchildren. Doesn't Klara look sweet in her 50's outfit. You always have such fun projects to show us each week. Gosh, you stitched two Happy Haunting mini quilts; your daughters are very blessed to have you as their mum. They are fabulous. Cute boat too. Now, if the flag was going the right way, it would stick out like a sore thumb. You must tell your dear husband that it is all about the look. All about the design. =) Love your Santa, too. There is always just too many delightful makes to see at your place, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Happy Haunting quilt is great - I can see why both daughters wanted one. The 50s outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made my daughter a poodle skirt one year for her Halloween costume. That was quite a while ago. Santa should be done in plenty of time for Christmas. Fun boat block, even If some crucial details a are missing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your projects are wonderful. Not surprised that your daughters both wanted that cute Halloween quilt. Your Santa is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Father Christmas looks so good!! By the way, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it or not, but the quilt you have in your header is precious! Love the pics of the grands! Your turkey photos are so funny!!! And yeah ... what one sister gets, the other one wants! Hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete