Friday, December 28, 2018

BEST OF 2018



Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs is hosting the Best of 2018 Linky Party.  To take part in the link party, simply write a new blog post highlighting your "best" 5 posts from 2018 and linkup. There is no set way or rules to pick your best, you can pick and highlight your posts anyway you would like.  Some examples include:

  • Posts with the most views
  • Posts with the most comments
  • Posts that provoked the best discussions
  • Posts showing your favorite 2018 finishes
  • Posts of your best tutorials
  • Posts that are simply your favorites

I have decided to list my 5 favorite finishes of the year.

The first was my Angel Wreath quilt.  I had finished the top back in 1997, and started hand quilting it.  Then put it away and forgot about it.  It had been pulled out so many times, and then got buried again in projects.  I finally put this on my 2018 Finish-A-Long list and completed the quilting and binding in May.  This was a Linda Brannock pattern from Gardening for Quilters.  



My second favorite was the Wooly Flowers Sampler.  This flimsy had been finished at least 10 years.  It had been a BOM by Starry Pines Pattern Company, designed by Connie Huddleson.  It is wool appliqued on flannel, with a flannel back.


My Third favorite is granddaughter Kyleigh's graduation quilt.  I had a bunch of blocks from a previous swap with a group of friends, that were Laurel Burch Jungle Songs.  These I can't even estimate how long ago we did these.  I took a Laurel Burch mermaid panel and put it in the center  


My fifth favorite was the quilt I made for daughter Katie for her birthday this year.  We had gotten some row-by-row kits that never got put together.  She told me she really wanted her quilt put together for her BD.  The mermaid sections were from Calico Mermaid in Porterville, CA.   The top section was from Prarie Queens Quilt Shop which was in San Jose,CA, but is permanently closed.  The bottom row was also from Calico Mermaid.  I designed the center section.  



\
I'll be linking to Meadow Mist Designs for the Best of 2018 Linky Party.  

Thanks for stopping by!   Karrin


3 comments:

  1. Wow these are all so pretty! Great finishes for the year! I like the Wooly Sampler the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful finishes form 2018!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so crazy! I remember reading this and I could swear I commented! I think the Wooly Flowers is my favorite, but I like all of them. By the way, I only count 4 quilts?

    ReplyDelete