Sunday, December 09, 2018

Hand Quilt Along (HQAL), Slow Sunday Stitching

For purposes of the Hand Quilt Along, I'm going to repeat a couple of finishes.  I've been busy recently getting things ready for Christmas.  I finished hand quilting the Angel Quilt, designed by Cheri Payne.  



I also made this ornament.  It was in the book Just Be Claus by Robin Kingsley of Bird Brain Designs.



I just finished this stitchery by Kathy Schmitz.    I just joined her One Stitch at a Time Club.
I'm going to make this into a little cushion by granddaughter Kyleigh.


Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyLoriMargaretKerryEmmaTracyDebConnieSusan,  NanetteSassy , EdithSharonKarrin, and Gretchen




In other news, after I got some designs downloaded into my embroidery machine, I did this little nutcracker for grandson John who has inherited my love for nutcrackers.  This came out rather small, and I was thinking of enlarging it.  





I wanted to embroider a car on a zip up sweatshirt for my son-in-law who owns a used car lot.  I embroidered one for him about 13 years ago, and he is still wearing it.  

This was the design I purchased.  A pretty blue 69 Mustang.  The color chart provided was very tiny.  






 So I started stitching it out.  The first color my embroidery machine said was blue, and it stitched the ground and part of the car.  Then it asked for cyan, and I did that teal looking color.  Then it asked for yellow and green.  By this time, I didn't know what to do.


I went back and printed out the sheet on the Bernina software and this was what it came out as.  



So I decided I was going to start over with a lighter fabric and follow the tiny color sheet instead of what the embroidery machine was suggesting.  

I put the embroidery hoop on, loaded up the pattern and I keep coming up with an error message that says to attach the embroidery hoop.   Multiple times.  I played around with this for about 2 hours.  I called the sewing machine place and it will be $199 to take it in.  I drove it down to the shop last night before they closed.  Hopefully they can get to it quickly.

Need to go bring out another sewing machine so I can work on this week's Good Fortune Mystery by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Your angel quilt is absolutely a charming primitive quilt! Love it

    ReplyDelete