Wednesday, December 19, 2018

One Monthly Goal, December

OMG December link-up is open!

I finished my One Monthly Goal for December.  As I stated here, my One Monthly Goal for December was to make some clothes for the doll I'm giving my granddaughter Klara for Christmas.  


This is the doll.  It is from a series called Our Generation.  She is an 18" doll named Bonnie Rose.  I was busy this week making clothes for her.


First I made her a pleated skirt.  I got the directions Val Spiers Sews   I made the T-Shirt cut from Klara's outgrown shirt and a pattern from Trillium Design which is free here.

             
I crocheted the Retrp vest, hat and purse from a free Red Heart pattern.                                                                                                                                                   .


This dress I cut from another old outfit of Klara's.  I even used the flower that was on her dress.


These leggings were cut from some of Klara's old favorite leggings.  The t-shirt is the same as above, cut from some cotton knit I had.  



I next decided to make some PJ's.  This fabric I had left over from something I made granddaughter Kyleigh.  I have no idea why I bought so much.  But this is a slinky, silky type fabric, with fleece lining.  It slips all over the place and is a pain to sew with.  I found I sewed the back on wrong and I had to take it apart.  


I finally did finish though.




Then I did make a new outfit for one of her Baby Alive dolls from scraps I had of her old leggings and cotton knit for the t-shirt.

I'm also giving her these outfits for the Baby Alive dolls.  My DMIL made these for her mother and aunt probably around 35 years ago and I saved them and am giving them to Klara.



I will be linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal link-up when it comes up.  


Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome dollie clothes...my mom used to make these for me, for my Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karrin, my heart is so happy for Klara! The best-dressed doll on the block, or in the whole town! How precious to pass along the doll clothes her mother was given, as well. I'm just so impressed you would sew doll clothes! I don't think I'd do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doll clothes are awesome, Karrin! I know Klara loved them and will have so much fun playing with her doll and changing her clothes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet set of doll clothes! I think my doll clothes making days are finished as the two granddaughters are either too old, or inheriting their aunt's doll clothes. Seems all the young ones coming along are boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky granddaughter to have you! These are sweet little outfits and I am sure your granddaughter will have lots of fun with her new doll and wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete