Sunday, December 02, 2018

SLOW SUNDAY STITCHING

Slow Sunday Stitching

My slow stitching this week has been working on an ornament.  The pattern is by Robin Kingsley in the book Just Be Claus.   I just need to add some beads and then I can finish it.



My next project will be this one.  It is by Kathy Schmiz.  I recently joined her One Stitch at a Time Club and this was one of the past stitcheries.  It will be perfect to make into a cushion for granddaughter Kyleigh, and me too.  Several years ago, when I bought the Just Be Claus book, I also bought something called Stick and Stitch by Sulky.  You can print your design on this item and it has a slightly sticky back, that you attach to your fabric.  When you are finished, you wash it away with cold water.   I used it on the above stitchery.  It is sort of wrinkled up because I rinsed it out and it is drying.  I decided to bead it after I washed it out.  It came off pretty good. I am pleased so far.  


I'm still trying to decide on the thread on this one.  She suggested 6 strands of DMC.  I was going to use pearl cotton, but I think maybe I will go get the suggested color.  

Thanks for stopping by.  I will be linking up with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I hopped over to see your's! You have some lovely projects here. I don't quilt or sew myself but I do enjoy seeing what other people make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful stitcheries, and a great ornament sentiment. I like the whale, and the one for this month is really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete