Sunday, December 30, 2018

Hand Quilt ALong, Slow Sunday Stitching


Have sort of been slacking on the hand-work the past week, ever since the Christmas rush.  I did get one of the nursery 

This one is Ding Dong Bell (from Wikipedia)

Ding, dong, bell,
Pussy’s in the well.
Who put her in?
Little Johnny Thin.
Who pulled her out?
Little Tommy Stout.
What a naughty boy was that,
To try to drown poor pussy cat,
Who never did him any harm,
But chased up all the mice in the farmer's barn.


I'm trying to finish up these blocks for my sweet sister-in-law.  There were 20 blocks originally. I have 4 more to do.  She is going to set them into a quilt for her first granddaughter.

I'll try to get one more done before they get here on New Year's Day.  They spent a week and a half in a beachside condo in Brookings, Oregon, and will be heading back to Southern California.  Right now I have 4 to give her, hope to make it 5.  

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyLoriMargaretKerryEmmaTracyDebConnieSusan,  Nanette,  Edith



Next on my list, besides the redwork, I plan to get this block prepped for applique.  I originally started this BOM in 1998, after going to Phoenix for an Interquilt convention, an online quilting group.  There, I met for the first time Susan Nixon @ DesertSky Quilting, Moira McSpadden @ The Quilted Snail, Randy @ Barrister's Block, and Lori @ Humble Quilts.  I have pictures of Lori showing her fabulous Dear Jane Quilt.  

Anyway, Susan and Moira took us to the Quilted Apple Quilt Shop and I fell in love with this BOM.  I bought a few of the patterns and then asked Susan to pick up the rest when I returned home.  I hand appliqued 1 block and that was as far as I got.  I came across the block recently, and then found the patterns.  



This was the block I have finished.


The whole quilt.


The block I need to prep.





I also plan to stitch another one of these stitcheries from Kathy Schmitz, because love how Kyleigh's came out.  

I will also be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!

Karrin

/









12 comments:

  1. You're working on some lovely projects. The red nursery rhyme block is so sweet. The blocks will make a lovely red & white quilt for a new baby. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful projects! My daughter would love that embroidery pillow... must look it up!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Father Christmas quilt could be done for next year! Your embroidery project will be perfect for the baby quilt. Enjoy your stitching...I will check back next week to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sweet little redwork project! And lots on the go also! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely redwork project! Your Father Christmas quilt inspired me so much, I found the book online and ordered it! Thank you so much for sharing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That red work looks like the same artist for the one Susan is working on...how fun! I love you Father Christmas quilt, and it prompted me to pull out a pattern I bought 25 years ago, but was too scared to try it. I think I could manage it easily now; thanks for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those nursery rhymes. I hope to try embroidery and red work in the new year. I have been watching some video classes to learn. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been VERY busy. Love all your hand work. Wishing you all the best in 2019 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just looking at that pattern the other day, thinking if I didn't locate the ones I'd stitched, I'd trace this one next. I did locate them, but this will be the next one after that, I think! Your stitching is so lovely, and it is kind of you to stitch them for her. How lovely to read those memories of our GT in Phoenix. It seems like only yesterday, really. I think that's the first time you met Fran, too. I recall us being together a lot that weekend. That's one of my favorites of Laurene's patterns, but I never did buy them for me, only you. I have no idea why - probably because I was working 3 jobs at that time! LOL I really like that Kathy Schmitz design, too. All of them, really! She's very creative. I look forward to watching your progress on the Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Santa block is great, I'm glad you found it and are going to make the whole quilt. That's going to be a fun quilt to make. The Kathy Schmitz whale is great. I love seeing things from the ocean in stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many nice projects. A beautiful red work embroidery. and the Father Christmas quilt is awesome.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you projects. I never heard that poem/nursery rhyme before. Your redwork stitching is beautiful. I really like that Santa too.

    ReplyDelete