I got the new machine home and got busy with my gifts. I made a nutcracker pillow for John-John who loves nutcrackers as much as I do.
I embroidered a car on a sweatshirt for son-in-law Jeff who is still wearing the one I did for him at least 13 years ago.
The problems started with this one. I wanted to put a car on Jaeger's sweatshirt. He got his permit and should be driving himself in May. When I got to the chrome on this one, it started making a snarly nest of threads coming out of the throat plate. I took the hoop off and cleaned everything out and was able to put the hoop back on and pick up where I started.
Then the pug for grandson Keaton, who loves pugs. I don't think he has taken it off since I gave it to him!
On the front of Kyleigh's the K came out very nice.
Then I wanted to do a mermaid on the back. I had gotten down to to filling in the details on the fish, when it made an even bigger snarly mess of threads in the throat plate. I tried to pick up where I left off, but couldn't get it right. So the mermaid has no details and the fish is not complete. Kyleigh seems happy with it, but am going to give it another try and make her a tote back or something.
This was goal #9 on my Quarter 4 Finish-A-Long Goals. I have had these embroidered at least 10 years. I finished my daughter's and gifted them. But my set were undone. I finally got them done this year, and on the tree.
Thanks for stopping by! Karrin