Wednesday, September 18, 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long, Quarter 3, Another Goal Finished


I finished another goal on my list today for the Finish-A-Long.  This was from a kit I purchased, probably in 2003 or so.  It was from a Blackbird Designs book called Higdon Camp-1924.  I've always loved this book. It has a lot of my favorites in it, baskets, flags, and this penny rug.  

It is called Oh My Stars.    It probably would have been better if I read the instructions first, but apparently I didn't.  It had you attaching the circles in the middle directly to the background fabric.  I buttonhole stitched the stars onto the wool backgrounds, and then realized I was supposed to do it directly to the blue background.  But happy to have this project done, and I can take it off my UFO list.





I also was able to quilt my friend Nerissa's two projects.  The larger quilt it all neutral fabrics and it is impossible to take a picture of.  Hopefully will meet up with her later this week and get them to her.  



I need to work on my One Monthly Goal, which I haven't started yet.  And I have 2 grandchildren on Friday, as apparently they have the day off.  

I am awaiting delivery of my fabric for the Ella Maria Deacon BOM Quilt being offered by Sentimental Stitches.  I have the first month's blocks, but no fabric yet.  I thought it would be delivered yesterday, so hopefully today.  

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment