Sunday, September 15, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching. Buhl-Bushong, Sweet Land of Liberty

It's time to link up again for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  I do so appreciate this weekly link up and seeing what everyone has been doing.  

I've been doing a lot of slow stitching this week.  First I finished this month's assignment for Sweet Land of Liberty.  

I've gotten 4 of these Buhl-Bushong blocks put together.  I am paper piecing the crowns, and the rest is hand applique.



I have 4 more to put together today for my hand stitching.


I'm also blanket stitching these pieces for a penny rug called O My Stars.  As this is one my list for the 2019 Finish-A-Long for Quarter 3, I am trying to get these done too.  



I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Pop on over and see what everyone is up to!

My grandson Jaeger this week was kind enough to make room in his already crazy schedule of school, water polo practice and water polo games to come help me put my Handiquilter back up.   I bought one of the Handiquilter frames right after they came first came out.  It involved taping some rails to a table and then attaching the units that hold the rails with clamps.  At the time they did not have any machines to be used, and I bought a Juki TL 98E.    DH elongated the rails, so I can quilt up to about 92 inches.  When it is up, it is in my dining room.   The rails are attached to a laminated particle board and it resides in my guest room when not in use.  And also the banquet table it attaches too.  I need some help getting them out of the guest room but I can set everything else up by myself.  

I had put everything away in August because we were having a family dinner, and then I thought I was going to have Bunco here last week, as it was my turn to have dinner and Bunco.  But our Bunco disbanded this month, as members have other activities they need to do.  So I've been trying to get Jaeger to help me get my tables back out.  I'm back in business now, and quilted one of my friend Nerissa's quilts yesterday, and will be ready to load the other one up.  



Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. That's a very cool system you have there... I haven't seen that before!
    I love your liberty blocks!
    Enjoy your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat set up and so happy your grandson was able to come over and help you! So many pretty projects you are working on. Those pennies are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are really progressing and look good! What a nice grandson you have to come over and help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always so many fabulous pretties in the works at your place. Your Liberty blocks are looking great. It looks as if you are all set and ready to enjoy a lot of quilting with that neat system of yours. Enjoy a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful projects Your Buhl-Bushong blocks are going to make an awesome quilt. Look forward to your progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great that your machine is set up again! Love all the projects you are working on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice set up! You have lots of pretties going on at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see what you mean with the machine. The way it's set up makes it pretty solid, though. That young man is so nice and so helpful. Both sets of your appliqué blocks are great. You are way ahead of me on SLOL (of course!), and you've kept up with the Buhl-Bushong, and now you've added the Deacon quilt! You have no time to waste. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty projects! Good luck getting them completed! On behalf of the entire FAL crew, thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete