Sunday, September 29, 2019

One Monthly Goal-September



My One Monthly Goal, which I stated here was to finish up a crazy quilt block for a friend.  In 2014 we exchanged blocks for the other to embellish.  Normally we would have finished and returned them long ago, but life happened for both of us, and we have put it off.  I wanted to finish her block for her October birthday and get it in the mail to her, as it is being sent overseas.  I happily finished it today.  

This was how it has sat for several years.  She sent me a pieced block, but nothing else on it.  I had added some trims, and that was it.


This is her finished block from my perspective.  She will finish off the block however she wants.  The trims I added  are a lot of hand-dyed laces, vintage trims, vintage beads, hand-dyed ribbon.  













I'll be linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts  for the One Monthly Goal link-up.  I truly appreciate this monthly motivation to keep me on track!

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching and wonderful trims. That looks so feminine. I'm so glad you were able to finish it in time! A day early, even. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:41 AM

    So delicate! Your embellishments are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love all the embellishments you've added! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:14 AM

    Dear Karrin, I really don' know how to thank you for special gift and an amazing work on my block. I still review them for details you've done and special thanks for you've used your special embellishments to create it.
    Please forgive me, I couldn't complete yours as promised, hope 2020 will be a better year for me to work on projects as I plan and finish on time.
    Thanks so much once again, much love....

    ReplyDelete